It is T-Minus six days and counting until the newest season of SURVIVOR™ begins! The producers have selected a new crop of Castaways for this round of fun and games, but we are still located in the Philippines. This time, they are in Cagayan, which is located in the northeast part of the country, instead of on one of the islands.
This season, the theme is Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty. When this season’s theme was announced, I wasn’t too crazy about it. Just about any one of these individuals could hold all three of these qualities, yet they’re being labelled as a ‘brain,’ a ‘brawn’ or a ‘beauty.’ For me, these categories are a bit misleading. Sure, you can be an engineer, but you could also be very anti-social. Being social in this game is probably the most important attribute you can have, and all of the math skills in the world will not make up for lacking in this area where other people hold your fate for most of the game. Beauty and brawn will also carry you so far as well. You can be voted off for being good-looking, and your strength may not translate into the endurance you need to be living out in the elements and without proper food and water for a few days. Since this game has been won by all kinds of people, you need to have a good balance of all three to be successful at SURVIVOR™.
Enough preaching, now onto my picks to win SURVIVOR™ Cagayan! Below are my three picks to win it all!
LJ McKanas (Beauty Tribe) and my #1 Pick
– He seems as though he is a down-to-earth type of person and doesn’t mind getting dirty.
– I like how he spoke about the misconception of those on the Brawn tribe.
– He can fish, which is important when you don’t have your fishing gear yet.
Con – He sees himself like Boston Rob. So many peoplewant to model their game after him, and they have to realize that other Castaways will be targeting you if you try to emulate a former player’s game-play.
Sarah Lacina (Brawn Tribe)
– She didin’t over inflate her ego when she spoke of herself, which speaks volumes to me.
– She is not modelling herself after any past Castaways, so she knows she has got to win the game in her own way.
Con – She thinks she is going to dominate the game. You can never know just how well you are going not do until you are out there playing the game and have won.
David Samson (Brains Tribe)
– He seems as though he can rally people together as a team well.
– He knows you need to have more than one of the aforementioned traits to win this game ,nor is he relying on just one of them to help him win.
Con – I can see him turning out to be a Russell Hantz later on down the road in this game. This will be the kiss of death for him if this does happen.
Now that my picks to win have been shared, here is my pick for the first to be voted out:
Brice Johnston (Beauty Tribe)
– He seems to be the type that will have a hard time adjusting to life in this game without the ‘creature comforts’ of home. He’s worried about the B/O of others, as well as his own when you’re out in the middle of essentially nowhere for 39 days. This should not be your primary concern in the game of SURVIVOR™. In his defense, there were a few other new Castaways that were worried about having to smell bad breath from other people. He just took it further with the B/O issue.
– He compared himself to Colton as a player. Really?! IF the B/O issue wasn’t bad enough, comparing yourself to Colton as a player in this game is almost like packing your bags early! Colton is, arguably, the worst Castaway ever to have played this game due to his attitude. If he turns out to be compared to Colton by other Castaways, he very well may be the first to go!
Even though I have pretty much written Brice off as being the first to leave the game, I did the same thing to Cochran on his first time out in the game. He lasted FAR longer than almost anyone, including himself, expected. He even came back for a second kick of the can and won! You can never be sure how things will play out in the game of SURVIVOR™!
So there you have it, Readers. This is how I think the game will unfold for this season’s Castaways. It will be another season willed with action, adventure, and of course, drama! Can’t wait for all of the fun and games to begin next Wednesday night!
Who do you think will win SURVIVOR™? Who do you think will be first to be sent packing? Let me know. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Until my next post, Readers!