I’ve been in the kitchen again! This time, it was with my boyfriend/partner. He is the ‘chef’ in our family, and let me tell you, I cannot complain! He is so clever and can come up with some of the tastiest meals out of nothing.
One evening, my other half showed me how to make these super delicious Easy Snackity Pita Pizzas! Now, we like to shake things up from ordering a pizza by putting together this yummy dish.
Easy Snackity Pita Pizzas
Listed below are the ingredients you will need for the Easy Snackity Pita Pizza you see in the picture above:
- 4 loafs of large pita bread
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 container of bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely chopped spinach
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 pieces of prosciutto
- 4 cooked chopped strips of bacon
1) Pre-heat your oven to 325°F.
2) Place your loaves of pita bread on a cookie sheet.
3) Spread the tomato sauce over the pitas, making sure there is a good layer over each one.
4) Sprinkle some of the cheese over the tomato sauce.
5) Place your vegetable toppings over the cheese.
6) Place your chopped bacon pieces over the vegetables.
7) Add bocconcini cheese slices on top of the other toppings
8) Sprinkle the remainder of cheese over the toppings.
9) Place your pita pizzas in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or when the cheese has melted.
10) Serve and enjoy!
(Yields 4 servings or a small-sized pizzeria pizza)
These would make an amazing snack, a light lunch or dinner option. We also love making these for family and friends on big game days to munch while we cheer on our favourite team. You can change the ingredients to what you have in your kitchen or to satisfy your taste buds!
The skies the limit with this Easy Snackity Pita Pizza! We all enjoy different toppings and have fun trying new combinations to try. These are a family favourite dish to eat any time of the year.
I hope you give these a try! Happy snacking!
Until my next post, Readers!